There are two ways to manage pickups on Revel.
Here's a brief summary of each:
Orders: Custom Dining Option (DEFAULT/RECOMMENDED)
VOS sends over club orders as CLOSED orders. When you reopen the order, as member comes to pickup, you will just switch the dining option from "hold for pickup" to "picked up". It keeps the original order date, and also syncs it back to VOS as picked up status.
- Orders come over as closed orders in Revel, and can be on any POS for retrieval
- Easy to see all members orders that are for pickup when entering member name
- Easier reporting for most use cases
- No layaway option
- Syncing picked up status requires remembering to select Dining Type and then setting it as Picked up, for it to write back to Vines OS as picked up.
- Note that pickup sync is from Revel to Vines OS only, so make sure you change the status on Revel and not on Vines OS after the order was created. If you update the order on Vines OS as 'picked up' it will NOT update it on Revel.
- Invoices are easy to convert to Orders at the time of pickup, which then at the end of the day get written back to Vines OS as status 'picked up'.
- Optional use of the layaway feature, which means that you will not sell out on products that are to be picked up by members. It moves the inventory to layaway instead of available inventory. You may choose on setup to deplete inventory on Revel either A) when the invoice is processed on Vines OS, OR B) when the member comes in to pick up, and the invoice is converted to an Order and closed on Revel.
- Ability to report tax income due when the customer actually receives the product and not when you receive payment. Note that revenue received previously can be set to report on either the day of the original sale or on the day the order was picked up.
- Invoices live in the cloud on Revel until they are downloaded to a specific POS terminal. If a member goes to one terminal, OR if a member invoice is accidentally opened on terminal 1, it stays there on the POS as a local invoice. If the member then goes to a different POS, you will not be able to pull up the invoice on the other POS.
- Revenue that is on Invoices will show as a Liability on Revel. When the order is picked up, it shows the revenue that was previously received as revenue from that day. Accountants should subtract "Applied Deposits" from "Total Payments" to determine how much liability was used in that reporting purpose.
- Note that invoices must be closed and updated on Revel, to update to Vines OS. Do not update the status on Vines OS after they were originally created, as Vines OS can not update the Invoice on the iPad and convert it to an order.