You can offer gift cards for sale online, which can be redeemed on your Vines OS site or on Revel POS. Customers will be able to select whether they want an eGift card emailed immediately, or to have a physical, printed card mailed out, if you wish to offer that option. (Gift card purchase options are below).
1. eGift cards are emailed to the gift recipient immediately upon checkout. This is processed in real time, even if you have your merchant account set up to only authorize the credit cards and you process the order manually. These eGift cards will be emailed immediately upon checkout, without you manually processing the order, so the recipient will still get the gift card immediately if the order comes in at 9pm on a Sunday and you are closed on Monday.
2. Mailed gift cards - The physical gift card will come with a printed number on it. When you receive an order notice for a gift card by mail, you will enter the number from the plastic card into the gift card number field in Vines OS, and process the order. For Revel users, this information will automatically sync to Revel.
Navigate in left menu to > Products/Gift Cards and click New Gift Card in the upper left corner. (Note, if you don't see this on your site, start a new chat and ask us to install Gift cards for you.)
On the gift card edit page you can enter
- Description - upload a picture of your cards and add text
- Start and end dates. By default this is set not to expire.
- Check "Available for sale" to be able to sell online
If using Revel, enter the Gift card product ID from Revel to sync the product. Go to the product on your Revel Dashboard, and get the product ID from the URL, like this example.
Then enter this product ID on the Gift card page as shown below.
Set the gift card price values. This defines the minimum and maximum values you'll allow customers to enter for the gift card they wish to purchase. This value range will be displayed to customers. The customer will enter the dollar amount they would like to gift.
Check "Include option of mailed cards" if you are going to offer plastic mailed cards as an option. If unselected, your site will only offer EGift cards.
To allow Coupons to be offered for gift cards (you can set on the coupon if it applies to gift cards or not, also), check the box to enable coupons to apply to gift card purchases. Example: Coupon to offer 20% off the Gift card purchase price as a special limited time promotion.
After all fields are set, Save
Review your Gift Card Page
Copy the Gift Card purchase link from the top of the Gift Cards main page to view the Gift card page, which you will eventually link to from your site.
Add the Gift Card to Your Website
In order to display the Gift Card for sale on your site, you'll need to add a link on your website main menu to the Gift Card page, or link from some promotional content. Copy the URL from the Gift Card edit page, review it online, and then use it to link your menu or content to the Gift Card page.
Your customers will be able to purchase gift cards on your Vines OS website. Customers will be able to select whether they want an eGift card, delivered by email or a physical, printed card mailed to the recipient, if you are offering that as an option.
- Email - The eGift card number is emailed to the gift recipient upon checkout. This is processed in real time, even if you have set up to only capture credit cards and process manually. These eGift cards will be emailed immediately upon checkout, without you manually processing the order, so the recipient will still get the gift card if the order comes in at 9pm on a Sunday and you are closed on Monday. The gift card number/code, is also displayed on the VOS gift card dashboard.
- Mailed gift cards - You will receive an order notification for a mailed gift card. Click the Gift Card Redemption button below for more details on how to manage these cards. Train your staff on how to manage mailed gift cards.
Order Plastic Printer gift cards
Order your custom gift cards complete with your banding and design.
Gift Card Redemption
Learn about gift card redemption, and train your staff.