This Article is for anyone using Orders for processing club shipments and wanting to switch to the Invoice method.
WHY USE INVOICES INSTEAD OF ORDERS FOR CLUBS:
- Open orders falsely affect reporting when you look at orders over multiple days on Revel. Revel shows open orders revenue on multiple days.
- Revenue that is on Invoices instead of Orders will show as a Liability on Revel
- You can choose to deplete inventory on Revel either A) when the invoice is processed on Vines OS, OR B) when the member comes in to pick up, and the invoice is converted to an Order and closed on Revel.
- Layaway as an added option allows you to move the inventory into Layaway so it is still available but cannot be sold online or in the tasting room.
- It's much easier to manage members picking up. Simply convert the invoice to an order on the POS, and close it. That will write it back to VOS as picked up.
Want to switch? Send us a ticket and ask for Invoice feature to be turned on. Specify how you want to manage inventory:
A) ON PROCESSING: inventory is depleted when the invoice is processed on Vines OS,
B) ON PICKUP: when the member comes in to pick up, and the invoice is converted to an Order and closed on Revel.
Also indicate if you want to use the Revel Layaway option:
Someone with Owner access needs to turn on Invoices in Settings in the Revel Dashboard. In the Settings section just search for Invoices, and turn Invoices on. When that is done, let us know and we will configure to use Invoice feature.
Ask Revel Support to set your Custom Dining type #5 = VOS orders and Dining type 6 = VOS Club. This means that on Revel Dashboard you can filter to see all Vines OS orders (ecommerce, not club) by filtering for Custom Dining type "VOS orders" and filter to see all Vines OS Club orders by filtering orders by dining type "VOS Club".
USING REVEL LAYAWAY:
Layaway as an added option allows you to move the inventory into Layaway on Revel, so it cannot be sold online or in the tasting room.
If you use layaway the Invoice product inventory moves to Layaway and is not available for sale on the POS.
If you don’t use Layaway, inventory on Revel will only deplete when the Invoice is converted to an Order, ie, when the member comes in to pick it up. The members wine or products would still be available for sale on the POS until the member picks up.
Use layaway - 10 bottles left, 8 members for pickup, 2 bottles left for sale on Vines OS and Revel, 8 are in layaway on Revel. Nobody can buy more than 2 bottles online or in tasting room. (*Note: Requires end of day sync). Sales revenue reports in Revel ONLY when you filter to INCLUDE OPEN orders.
Don't use layaway -10 bottles left, 8 members for pickup, 2 bottles left for sale on Vines OS and Revel, 10 botttles are still available for sale on Revel. Nobody can order more than 2 online, but they can be sold on POS.
When you send in a ticket to switch to Invoice feature, let us know if you want to use Layaway or not.
VINES OS INVENTORY:
On VinesOS inventory depletes when the club order is CREATED, NOT WHEN PROCESSED. When the order is PROCESSED on VinesOS, the Invoice is created on Revel.
MANAGING EXISTING MEMBER PICKUP ORDERS:
Open orders: We can close out all your existing Open Orders on Revel. All previous open orders, or orders in VOS that have not yet been picked up will be set via the API as Invoices, and will be using the Layaway feature. We are not able to set past Open orders as Invoices but not use Layaway for those.
Orders using custom dining type: hold for pickup: We can change all of these orders on Revel to Invoices.
AFTER THE SWITCH AND BEFORE YOUR CLUB RUN:
We will let you know when this API update has been made to your Revel account, and when your VOS settings have been updated to use Invoice/Layaway. After that you will need to Reprovision your iPads. This is a simple process, but you need to ask Revel to do that for you. You must do this OUTSIDE business operating hours.
Please allow minimum 3 days to switch prior to running your next club. You also need to schedule a FREE re-training, where we will walk you through the process. To do this, first Set up a test club set up. There is a link on the test club set up page to schedule your training. Please do this at least 48 hours before your first club shipment, to give yourself time to review and train any additional staff, ask questions etc.
When an order is created and converted into an invoice, that order’s sales will not appear in the sales summary until the day that it is converted back into an order.If a payment is made on an invoice, it will appear on the Sales Summary in the Sales section as a Deposit, and be recorded as a liability. In the Payments section, you will see how the payment was tendered (in the sample below, in Cash).
Day of Deposit
When the Invoice is pulled up on the POS station and converted back into an order and payment is complete, the sales will appear on that day’s Sales Summary, and any payments made will display in the Payment Summary. Some notes to make:
- If a payment was made while the order was still an Invoice, that deposit will show in the Payments section under Applied Deposits.
- If a payment was made after the Invoice was converted back to an Order, those whole payments will show in the Payments section under its respective payment type tendered.
- Accountants should subtract "Applied Deposits" from "Total Payments" to determine how much liability was used in that reporting purpose.
- Make sure you have Open orders checked off in the Sales Summary to view the Deposits under Liabilities, otherwise it will not be factored in the day’s sales or payments.
See: Managing Pickups.