To synchronize products between Vines OS and Revel, follow these steps…
In Vines OS
- Go to Revel POS > Items
- At the top, select Map Wines
- If you have more than one establishment or location, choose the location that you are mapping it to. If you want inventory for a product to show on Vines OS from both locations, map it in both locations.
- In "Put Vines OS Products in Revel Subcategory" choose the Revel subcategory where you want to put products IF they are created as new on Vines OS. **This is required for any sale from Vines OS side. Vines OS orders and associated sales revenue will not flow through to Revel if this is not mapped correctly to a SUB Category. **Do not use a top level category in Revel or it will not flow through**.
A: IF you want to import all products from a subcategory on Revel, or from multiple subcategories on Revel? >> Proceed to Step 2A below
B: IF you want to import only select products from a a subcategory on Revel, or from multiple subcategories on Revel? >> Proceed to Step 2B below
Step 2A: Importing using Revel categories
Still in Vines OS > Revel POS > Items
Go to: Sync to Revel subcategories
Sync Revel subcategories: Choose one or more of your Revel subcategories from the dropdown menu. All items from this subcategory/ies will import to Vines OS after the 24 hr sync cycle. You can force a sync by going to Revel Settings / Force sync - toggle button on, and Save.
Set as Revel Product Class: Set the product class for orders from Vines OS. This is mainly used for reporting purposes in Revel. Any Vines OS order will report as being part of this product class in Revel.
OR (DO NOT SET BOTH)
Step 2B: Importing using Revel product groups
- Set up a new Product Group called "website". Click the pencil icon, and choose which items you want to include to synchronize through to your website.
In Vines OS
- Sync Revel product group In the drop-down menu, choose "website", or the product group tag you created in Revel, above.
Set as Revel product class: Set the product class for orders from Vines OS. This is mainly used for reporting purposes in Revel. Any Vines OS order will report as being part of this product class in Revel.
Step 3 - Match your items to synchronize (ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE PRODUCTS IN BOTH VINES OS AND REVEL...OTHERWISE SKIP THIS)
Scroll down and choose the items from Revel that you want to map if you have products in both Vines OS and Revel. This only needs to be done initially, and only if you have products already added in BOTH places.
After the synchronization cycle, at the end of the day, the products will be synchronized.