When you set up gift clubs, the gift giver pays the full amount up front of the gift club, based on the number of shipments being purchased. It does not include tax or shipping in its current implementation, but that will be coming shortly. You process gift clubs at the same time as regular clubs. Vines OS recognizes that it is a Gifted club, and the card is not charged. In fact there is no credit card stored with this membership, so if the member logs into purchase, they would enter their own credit card, and that credit card would be stored on file for future purchases. When you are working with gift clubs, you do not need to process them separately. It will show on the gift member record how many gifted clubs remain, in other words how many have already been paid for. When you run a regular club shipment,Vines OS counts down and when the term is finished, it sends the gifted member an email asking if they would like to continue their membership and join.
Set up a gift wine club so that your customers can purchase a gift club for a recipient. When you do this, the buyer's credit card is charged in full at the time, based on the price that you set for the club shipment, and based on the number of club shipments that they are buying. For example, if you configure it so that a gift club can be on a 3, 6 or 12 shipment term, the buyer's credit card would be charged for three times the value of the club shipment if they were purchasing a three term gift club.
- Log into the dashboard
- Go to Settings > Settings Manager
- Scroll down to the wine club section
- Turn on "Offer Gift wine club options"
- Click on "Set up terms" and enter the number of shipments you would like to offer. Example: 3 shipments, 6 shipments, 12 shipments. In this case your customer will see the option to purchase a gift club that is 3, 6 or 12 shipments. You could also set it up as "half-year, one year, two years" and put in the shipment quantity as the number of shipments that would be sent during that time period.
- Scroll up and SAVE your changes
- Now go to Clubs > Wine Clubs
- Click on the Club name you want to set up Gift option for
- Scroll down to Gift wine club section and enter the cost of a club shipment for this type of club. Make sure you set the average cost of a single club shipment. If somebody purchases a three shipment gift club, they would be charged three times this amount, for this particular club. If they purchase a 6 club shipment, it would be 6 times this amount, and charged up front.
- Under the Price section, enter the price you want to charge for one club shipment
- SAVE your changes