You can update an order amount manually by adding a line item to the order details, to issue a partial refund or surcharge an additional amount.
This can be done either before the order has been processed or after the order has been processed.
Go to the order detail page, and select "Refund" ( this is going to be renamed "Refund/Surcharge").
- Click the blue button "Edit amount" at the top
- Select the green button "Add row"
- Fee note: enter what should display on the invoice. Your customer will receive an updated email with this showing as a new line item on the order.
- Value: enter the amount, either positive or negative amount. If it is negative, enter it with a minuse sign, ie, "-20.00"
- Choose "Update" at top in the top menu.
This will create an additional charge to the card, for the amount you enter, or will generate a refund to the card of the negative amount you enter.
NOTE: Use this ONLY for partial refunds, not for full refunds.