- Set up Shipping Carrier choice: UPS or FedEx, and opt in for GSO if desired for areas GSO can ship to.
- Set Shipping dimensions for rate calculation, and specify any member special shipping rates for ecommerce orders. NOTE: Club flat rate shipping is set when you do a club release.
1. Set up Shipping Rates
Under the Main Menu select Ecommerce
Click on Product Type: Wine or whatever you are configuring the shipping for. Do this for each product type.
Scroll down until you see "Shipping"
- Add in the shipper dimensions listed for each shipper size, i.e 1 item, 2 items, 2 items etc.
- Enter Weight, Height, Width and Length of each box. The numbers in the default set up are examples and may not be accurate so please measure and weight your shippers, with bottles in.
- Optionally, you can choose if you want to charge a handling fee. Keep in mind, 'shipping cost' is the number one reason for member churn and shopping cart abandonment. We recommend to keep your shipping fees as low as possible.
- If you need to add additional rows, click on the "Add Row" Button, which is listed after the last row entered.
- An order that has more items in the cart, than what has been entered as a # of items column in this table will show "0" in shipping cost and a notice to the buyer "Due to the size of your order, shipping will be calculated separately".
- It's recommended to enter rows and measurements for all rows of any size shipper you would send out. Example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24, 26, 28, 30, 34, 36, 48, 60, etc. In this scenario, If somebody ordered 35 bottles, because there is no separate line for 35, it would calculate based on 36. If somebody ordered 50 bottles because there is no line for shipping measurements between 48 and 60, it would calculate shipping rates based on the dimensions set for 60 bottles. It always goes up to the next level. If somebody orders 62 bottles, they will see the message "Due to the size of your order, shipping will be calculated separately". This happens because there is no lookup on the dimensions to send to the shipper. So It is recommended to put in the largest number that you think you would ever ship.
- if you do need to modify the shipping cost because When you update the shipping amount on a large order, the customer will be notified. If you enter a very large amount, that rate will be applied for any orders UP TO that number of items.
2. Set flat rate, discounted or 'shipping included' options for members and/or guests
Here are some options to incentivize sales with shipping promotions. Shipping is the #1 reason customers abandon checkout, so try to keep shipping as low as you can. NOTE 1: Laws vary by state, please be sure you are within compliance before offering any of these promotions.
NOTE 2: This doesn't override any handling charges you may have configured and will be added to the total for shipping and handling.
- Include shipping on orders over: Enter an amount here to set a minimum dollar amount for orders, to qualify for "shipping included". DO NOT enter the dollar sign.
- Include shipping on # items: Enter # of items required on checkout to qualify for "shipping included" offer on checkout. If you enter 12 and there are 12 items of this type (ie, wine, vs food or merchandise) it will show "Shipping included".
- Members shipping: Enter $ or % off. Example: Enter "5" (no dollar sign) and any member order will be eligible for $5 flat rate shipping, no coupon needed. (You can create a coupon and set it for specific wines only) or only give it to certain members. OR, enter 50 in the '% off' field (don't enter the % sign) and it will apply 50% off shipping for members only. FOR FREE ('Included') MEMBER SHIPPING enter 0 in the $ field.
- Guest shipping: Enter $ or % off. Example: Enter "10" (no dollar sign) and any non-member guest order will be eligible for $10 flat rate shipping, no coupon needed. OR, enter 25 in the '% off' field (don't enter the % sign) and it will apply 50% off shipping for members only.
FOR FREE ('Included') SHIPPING enter 0 in the $ field.
- If you want these discounts to apply to ALL product types (spirits, beer, food, merchandise etc) select "Make global" and it will apply to all types.
6. In this scenario, you can set member shipping to be 50% off shipping rates as calculated by your carrier or in manual rates, but offer a higher shipping discount for special clubs. Here it would apply an 80% off shipping rate for members of the 6 bottle clubs.
- Click the Save button.
- Do the same for any other product types, or select "Make global".
- TEST, make sure the discount you have set up is calculating as you intend it for both member and guest orders.
Manual shipping option
- If you are using manual shipping grid, and not GSO, UPS, and FedEx rates, specify the in-state price, and either set one out-of-state price or individual prices for each state where you are shipping to. Please ensure that you have shipping set to 'Manual' and not any of the available carriers, as illustrated below.
Flat rate shipping for members
Enabling flat rate shipping for members has been simplified. Navigate to Ecommerce/Settings and scroll down the the Shipping section. Enter the amount in the appropriate field and click save. Please note: this doesn't override any handling charges you may have configured and will be added to the total for shipping and handling.