Void or Change an Event booking
If you want to refund a sold ticket and return the seats to inventory:
- For Full Order- Void the order. The card will be refunded and the available seats will be restored. The funds will go back to the card used for purchase. It may take a few days, depending on the credit card and processor.
- For Partial Order- Use Customize Order to change the number of seats reserved. The card will be refunded for that amount and the seats will be restored to inventory. The funds will go back to the card used for purchase. It may take a few days, depending on the credit card and processor.
Sell or Reserve Tickets as Admin
To take a reservation over the phone or in person:
- Click on the 'Sell tickets' button in the menu on the Event page in the dashboard (Go to the actual Event). *Note: If you are collecting participant names for an event, this Sell method will not work. To sell this way, go to the event on the front end view of your site, and add to cart there, then enter participants names.
- Enter all required information and click 'Finish'
Override Max Seats Available
If you need to sell more tickets than what's available on your site, for example, you have a table for 4 but can squeeze in an extra, and a customer called asking if you can make room. Note: This option is only available for events where the 'participants name' is not required.
A. For a New Order
- On the dashboard, go to Events and click on the event you want to sell.
- Click on the 'Sell tickets' button in the upper right. The Sell tickets page will appear. In the quantity box, it will only allow you to enter the number of tickets that are available. Create the order and save it. Then proceed to B, below.
B. For an Existing Order
- Locate and open the event order on the orders page.
- Click 'Customize Order' at the top of the page. This can be done for either an Active order, or for a Processed order.
- On the 'Cart' you can make the changes to the existing order, including selling more tickets than what is available.
- After you Save, if the order was previously processed, and there is a balance due or a refund due, you will see a notice on the order to Surcharge or Refund. Press the button to issue the charge or refund.